Patrón– this word may sound like something that supports something, well, that’s right, just in a different way.
It supports your aggressive part and, if consumed in moderation, may provide some impressive health benefits.
And if you like to have a little live-in-the-moment time to yourself or at parties, this Mexican drink will surely make the mark as a favorite.
Now, what does patron taste like? This tequila brand has something quite particular, making everyone tempted to have a shot.
Excited to learn more? Take a few scrolls down to see what this drink is and find out its taste chart.
What is Patron?
If you love letting yourself loose and getting into tipsy troubles, you probably know much about tequila.
Patrón is a brand of tequila manufactured by the brand Bacardi.
It uses the core of the blue agave plant as the main ingredient, and the distilleries handcraft every part of the tequila bottle.
Patrón is produced in Mexico (like all tequilas) and contains 40% alcohol by volume.
It has a lot of variants ranging from simple liqueurs to upgraded tequila and luxury ones.
The XO Café is the variant with coffee; XO Café Dark Cocoa is a chocolate-coffee blend tequila, while Citrónge features an orange liqueur.
Besides capturing the interests of regular tequila drinkers, Patrón is an excellent option for vodka lovers who like to go for a stronger option.
It gets you drunk in a moment, and you might even find it difficult to get out of the hangover if you’ve had multiple shots.
What Does Patron Taste Like?
When considering all the variants of Patrón, you cannot limit its taste to just one category.
It has sweetness, spice, and everything from warm to sharp and robust aroma.
Patrón Silver is the most popular of the brand’s tequila variants and falls under the upgraded category.
It has a sweet, unmistakable aroma of agave and a warm concoction of spice and sweetness that transforms into a sharp, spicy aftertaste.
Silver tequila is light and tastes similar to Don Julio Blanco.
However, the latter is a cheaper, smoother, and sweeter version despite their similarity.
Another popular option is the Patrón XO Café.
It gives an aroma of roasted coffee the moment you bring it nearer.
The initial taste is bitter espresso or mocha, which gradually shifts to a sweeter, caramel-like flavor.
Patrón Citrónge, which originally consisted of orange-flavored liqueur, is now available in mango, lime, and pineapple.
It tastes sharp and sweet with a somewhat citrusy aroma and a fruity undertone.
The brand’s most exciting line of tequila is the luxury Gran Patrón series, which consists of the Burdeos, Platinum, and the Piedra.
The Burdeos tequila has a warm amber color and tastes like one could imagine it to be– sweet and smooth with elements of raisins, oak, spice, and vanilla.
Platinum, however, is a bit sweeter, aligning with a caramel taste.
But as you take in the drink, you’ll find a bitterness kick in, and this is a momentary aftertaste that does not linger for long.
Now, another luxe tequila has it all, the Piedra, which tastes earthy and caramelized and has a distinct aroma of roasted agave and oak.
How to Use Patron?
Tired of having your tequila neat? You can do something better, and it can involve a little mix of flavors.
Patrón tequila pairs exceptionally well with a lot of other flavors.
Take a look at our favorites:
- Fruity margarita: If it’s tequila, you know margaritas are waiting to be unlocked. And with so many options by Patrón, you can never leave your taste buds sitting. Just a little Patrón Silver and some fresh citrus juices are all it takes to create this beautiful drink. .
- Spicy margarita: Don’t feel like fruits will awaken your taste buds? Add some jalapeno oil and ginger syrup to your tequila; it’ll instantly make you feel where the taste hits. .
- Summer Cocktail: You can use Patrón Citrónge by transforming it into a refreshing summer cocktail. Pineapple and lime are among the best options, but there isn’t a limit to how much you can explore.
- Patrón & Tonic: You’re probably wondering where you heard a similar name before. And if it’s Gin and Tonic, you’ve got to try the tequila version. It’s just as refreshing and combines sharp and sweet tastes to give a delicious product. .
Substitutes for Patron
Despite being a much-celebrated brand, some may find Patrón to be quite overpriced and overrated.
Or, sometimes, you find that your favorite drink is out of stock.
In such situations, you can go for some alternatives.
You’ll find many similar ones, some cheaper and some pricier than the other, but it’s all for you to choose from:
- Cazcabel Coffee Tequila: It’s coffee flavored, and as you guessed it, it’s the best alternative for Patrón XO Café. It features many Caribbean spices and is a slightly cheaper option that delivers almost the same flavors as the XO Café. This dark and beautiful tequila has notes of vanilla, coffee, and spices.
- Don Julio: What if someone offered you almost the same (and sometimes better) product at a relatively lower price? You’d say yes, and so should you when Don Julio is an option. It’s sweet, tart, and smooth, just the way anyone would like it. .
- Siete Leguas Blanco: For something at a reasonable price range but not lacking in taste, Siete Leguas is a definite winner. You can feel the roasted agave as you bring it closer to drink, and when you try it, it’ll be earthy and citrusy with a sweet aftertaste. .
Patrón tequila has one of the best lines of tequila.
Categorized into different price ranges and flavors, it always impresses everyone that tries it.
Every tequila drinker knows their individual preferences when it comes to taste, but Silver is a common one that most people cannot say no to.
And though there may be some stone-etched ways that the ethnic cultures like to drink their tequila, you get to decide how you drink it.
So, get creative and try Patrón every possible way you can.
Just be sure not to drink so much if you want to be in the right mind to understand what your drink tastes like.