Do you like your food with a bit of extra flavor? If so, you may be interested in Gravy Master.
This seasoning sauce is perfect for adding that extra flavor boost to any dish.
But what is Gravy Master, and what are the best substitutes for it?
Gravy Master is a seasoning sauce that is perfect for adding flavor to any dish.
It is made from soybeans, vinegar, salt, caramel color, and onion powder.
The sauce has a unique taste that can enhance the flavor of any dish.
However, Gravy Master can be difficult to find in stores.
If you can’t find it, don’t worry.
There are plenty of substitutes that can provide the same boost of flavor.
What is Gravy Master?
Gravy Master is a popular seasoning and thickener that has been used for years in both commercial and home kitchens.
Made from a blend of starches, fats, salt, and spices, it is typically added to gravies and sauces to achieve a thick, rich texture at the end of the cooking process.
But it is also widely used as a seasoning on many types of foods, from meats to vegetables.
Whether trying to perfect your gravy or add a punch of flavor to your potatoes, Gravy Master can help you take your cooking to the next level.
With just a few quick stirs and shakes, you’ll be able to add tons of flavor and personality to any meal.
And with so many different varieties available, there is sure to be one that perfectly complements any dish you create.
So why not try out Gravy Master today and see all the fuss?
The 5 Best Substitutes for Gravy Master
Gravy Master is a popular browning sauce used to enhance the color and flavor of gravies, sauces, and marinades.
However, if you are unable to find Gravy Master or prefer alternative options, there are several substitutes available.
In this guide, we will compare the top 5 substitutes for Gravy Master, discussing their key characteristics and suggesting proper ratios to help you find suitable alternatives.
|Substitute||Key Characteristics||Proper Ratio|
|Browning Sauce||Adds rich color and depth of flavor to dishes||Use an equal amount of browning sauce as a substitute for Gravy Master|
|Bragg Liquid Aminos||Provides a savory and umami flavor||Use an equal amount of Bragg Liquid Aminos as a substitute for Gravy Master|
|Kitchen Bouquet||Enhances color and adds a caramelized flavor to gravies and sauces||Use an equal amount of Kitchen Bouquet as a substitute for Gravy Master|
|Japanese Teriyaki Sauce||Offers a sweet and tangy flavor with a hint of umami||Use an equal amount of Japanese Teriyaki Sauce as a substitute for Gravy Master|
|Maggi Seasoning||Provides a savory and flavorful taste with hints of herbs and spices||Use an equal amount of Maggi Seasoning as a substitute for Gravy Master|
Now, let’s dive into each substitute in more detail:
1 – Browning Sauce
For many people, gravy is the key to a delicious Thanksgiving feast.
However, making Gravy Master can be a bit of a hassle.
Browning Sauce is a convenient alternative that can give your gravy the same rich flavor without all the fuss.
Mix equal parts of Browning Sauce and water, and then add it to your pan drippings.
You’ll get the same delicious flavor without all the work.
Browning Sauce is also great for giving roasted vegetables a beautiful brown color.
It makes a great gravy, but it can also be used as a marinade or seasoning for meats and vegetables.
- Key Characteristics: Browning sauce adds rich color and depth of flavor to dishes. It can be used to enhance gravies, sauces, and marinades.
- Proper Ratio: Use an equal amount of browning sauce as a substitute for Gravy Master. Adjust the quantity based on personal preference and desired color intensity.
2 – Bragg Liquid Aminos
Bragg Liquid Aminos is an all-natural, gluten-free seasoning made from soybeans.
It has a slightly salty, savory flavor for marinades, soups, and stir-fries.
Substitute Bragg Liquid Aminos for Gravy Master in any recipe to add a boost of flavor.
Gravy Master is a processed seasoning made from water, corn syrup, salt, caramel color, and onion powder.
It has a harsh, acrid flavor that can easily overwhelm a dish.
In contrast, Bragg Liquid Aminos adds a subtle depth of flavor that enhances other ingredients without overpowering them.
It is also lower in sodium than Gravy Master, making it a healthier option for those watching their salt intake.
- Key Characteristics: Bragg Liquid Aminos provides a savory and umami flavor to recipes. It is a gluten-free alternative and can be used to enhance the taste of gravies, sauces, and stir-fries.
- Proper Ratio: Use an equal amount of Bragg Liquid Aminos as a substitute for Gravy Master. Adjust the quantity based on personal preference and desired flavor intensity.
3 – Kitchen Bouquet
Kitchen Bouquet is a popular seasoning and coloring agent used to enhance the flavor and color of sauces, soups, gravy, and other savory dishes.
Unlike some similar products, such as Gravy Master, Kitchen Bouquet is made from quality ingredients that impart authentic savory flavors to many foods.
Kitchen Bouquet contains none of the sketchy additives or preservatives found in many flavor enhancers and colorings.
If you’re looking for a quality substitute for Gravy Master or other similar products in your cooking, look no further than Kitchen Bouquet.
Whether you’re making gravy for your Thanksgiving turkey or just whipping up an easy weeknight sauce, this versatile seasoning can help elevate the flavors of your dish without adding any unwanted chemicals or unnatural tastes.
- Key Characteristics: Kitchen Bouquet enhances the color and adds a caramelized flavor to gravies and sauces. It can help achieve a rich and appetizing appearance in dishes.
- Proper Ratio: Use an equal amount of Kitchen Bouquet as a substitute for Gravy Master. Adjust the quantity based on personal preference and desired color intensity.
4 – Japanese Teriyaki Sauce
Teriyaki sauce is a popular Japanese cooking sauce made from soy sauce, mirin, and rice vinegar.
It’s used to marinate meat or vegetables and as a dipping sauce.
The word “teriyaki” refers to the cooking method, which involves grilling or broiling food with a sweet glaze.
The most common ingredients in teriyaki sauce are soy sauce, honey or brown sugar, ginger, and garlic.
In Japan, however, the sauce is often made with mirin, a type of rice wine.
This gives the sauce a slightly different flavor that many people find more authentic.
While teriyaki sauce is readily available in grocery stores, it’s also easy to make at home.
Try marinating chicken breasts or salmon fillets in teriyaki sauce before grilling or baking them for a quick and easy meal.
Whisk together all of the ingredients, and you’re good to go.
- Key Characteristics: Japanese Teriyaki Sauce offers a sweet and tangy flavor with a hint of umami. While it may not replicate the exact taste of Gravy Master, it can add depth and complexity to dishes.
- Proper Ratio: Use an equal amount of Japanese Teriyaki Sauce as a substitute for Gravy Master. Adjust the quantity based on personal preference and desired flavor intensity.
5 – Maggi Seasoning
Any cook worth their salt knows that the key to a good dish is in the seasoning.
A well-seasoned meal is full of flavor and pleasing to the palate, while a poorly seasoned dish can be bland and unappetizing.
Few products are as versatile or essential as Maggi Seasoning when it comes to seasonings.
Maggi Seasoning is a concentrated vegetable broth that can be used to enhance the flavor of soups, stews, sauces, and even gravies.
It is also an excellent substitute for gravy master, which can be difficult to find in stores.
Maggi Seasoning adds body and depth of flavor to any dish, making it a must-have for any home cook.
- Key Characteristics: Maggi Seasoning provides a savory and flavorful taste with hints of herbs and spices. It is often used as a seasoning agent in various cuisines and can enhance the taste of gravies and sauces.
- Proper Ratio: Use an equal amount of Maggi Seasoning as a substitute for Gravy Master. Adjust the quantity based on personal preference and desired flavor intensity.
Gravy Master is a seasoning sauce that has been used for generations to add flavor to food.
While it can be used to make gravies and sauces, it is also great for marinades, glazes, and seasoning meat.
Gravy Master has a distinct flavor that many people love.
However, it cannot be easy to find in stores.
The good news is that several substitutes can be used in its place.
Consider the above five substitutes the next time you are looking to add flavor to your food.